Why you will LOVE CaliWoods Safety Razors
- PLASTIC FREE. No more disposable plastic shavers filling our landfills and oceans – just replace the blades.
- Choose from two colours of razors, Classic Stainless Steel or Copper.
- UNISEX! Great for everyone. Face, legs, underarms, bikini – this Safety Razor can shave everywhere.
- REFILL BLADE PACKS available at a super affordable price.
- SIMPLICITY. Caliwoods Razors are a simple screw mechanism and two top holding plates – super durable with fewer parts that can break compared to a butterfly razor.
- BLADE TAKE BACK. Caliwoods take back your blades. Use, Dry, Post, Repurpose. Once you have 40 or more blades, simply post them back to Caliwoods. They accept them even if they are from another brand. Considering the end-of-life of a product and closing the waste loop is part of Caliwoods product stewardship – getting the good stuff going here in NZ.
- REPLACEMENT PARTS. Caliwoods offer Razor Replacement Parts. If anything should ever happen to your Razor, or you lose a part, they have the separate pieces available via email order.
TOP TIP: Use gentle pressure – let the weight of the stainless steel do the work for you!
Instructions For Use:
1. Unscrew the head of the razor from the handle.
2. Place blades between the two top plates, holding by the blunt edges.
3. Screw the handle back on and shave away!
4. Replace the blade when it goes blunt. On average this is every fifth shave, less for thick hair, more for fine hair.
5. Rinse the Razor after thoroughly after each use. Clean away soap and hair then let dry out of the shower.
Store your Razor safely out of the shower between uses and take care not to drop your Razor.
CaliWoods take Sustainability seriously. In this world, it’s impossible to be perfect when the whole system seems to be against our best intentions. BUT…something as small as changing your razor can save hundreds of pieces of plastic every year.
Better yet, if you send your used blades back to us clean and dry we will repurpose or recycle them!
1. USE – Use, love and shave sustainably until the blades until they are no longer sharp enough for the job.
2. DRY – Clean the blade and dry thoroughly
3. POST – The Blades back to us or drop to your local collection point (see below)! Once you have 40 or more, seal the supplied envelope and wrap it into another (so the postman/postwoman hands are safe) then post your blades back to CaliWoods (address on the packaging).
4. REPURPOSE – This bit is our job. Most councils and recycling centres don’t accept single blades because of their small size and sharp edges. Using people power and the magic of squirrelling these blades away over time, we have a few ideas for using the material and/or there will be enough to feasibly recycle.
Read more information and find a NZ Collection point near you HERE.