WE’RE DETERMINED TO DO ALL WE CAN FOR THE PLANET
Just like we love natural skincare and beauty products, we really love our world. Which is why we try to do as much as we can to reduce waste in our business.
This isn’t simple, as lotions and potions need containers, and many amazing natural beauty products – free of toxins and petrochemicals – still need plastic packaging to keep them fresh and transport them safely. We work hard to stock and support brands who use glass, metal or paper where they can.
Re-usable glass coffee cups are fantastic – we swear the coffee tastes much better, and the best cafes even give a discount if you BYO cup!
No more plastic tasting water with microparticles of plastic in (yes, really). Grab a steel thermal GoodFor Lifetime or U-Konserve glass bottle!
We love the LilyBee Wraps, EcoSaint produce bags, Caliwoods Straws, Ever Eco cups and cutlery – so much waste-free goodness!
Ethique is famous for zero-waste zero-plastic beauty from shampoo to skincare and deodorant – even tanning bars and doggy soap!
The Humble Co, Grin and Eco Brush toothbrushes are so popular! Shop bamboo or biodegradable with no plastic in sight!
SHOPPING BAGS & COURIER PACKS
We promise your order from Oh Natural will be delivered in a brown compostable paper bag or a cardboard box (depending how carried away you get!) and if you’d like to join the trend and take your own shopping bags when you go out, we recommend:
OH NATURAL LOVES WASTE FREE LIVING !
One of the biggest things we’ve done to directly reduce waste was to ditch plastic courier bags in 2017. As Oh Natural grows, we send special packages out to more lovely clients every day, and we love knowing that each one is packaged plastic-free – with fully recyclable cardboard, paper or home compostable courier bags!
Because a lot of brands we stock feel the same way, we sell absolutely loads of low to zero waste beauty and personal care products that use natural packaging and natural materials like wood, natural bristle and bamboo. Yay! Keep it up guys, we love your work.
WAYS TO REDUCE PLASTIC WASTE IN YOUR HOME
- Ditch single use plastic bags. New Zealanders use around 1.6 billion single-use plastic bags every year, which end up in landfills, litter, or our oceans. Supermarkets are going plastic bag free and your reusable bags are welcome.
- Go organic as much as you can. All those tonnes of toxic chemicals are packed in plastic which is then unusable. Find hundreds of organic products in our online store.
- Swap to reusable stainless steel or glass drink bottles, thermal bottles and flasks – and stainless steel straws. Not only is plastic bad for the environment, it can release endocrine disruptors (hormone changing) chemicals into your drink.
- Use bamboo toothbrushes, pegs and vege brushes instead of plastic.
- Choose teas and chocolate in biodegradable pouches – even normal teabags have been found to contain plastic particles, and some are 100% plastic.
- Swap to reusable washable cotton dishcloths.
- Switch to plastic free periods with waste free options like period undies, cups and plastic free pads and tampons. An average pad contains as much plastic as a supermarket shopping bag!
All these waste-free products are for sale online in our Home and Living category unless linked above.
LIGHTER LIVING WITH GOOD MAGAZINE
Good Magazine filmed the gorgeous Alysha Brown from Eco Saint explaining some of our favourite waste free products! From zero packaging beauty bars to washable facial towels, thermal stainless steel drink bottles and resuable coffee cups, our Waste Free category is chocca with low-zero waste goodness. Watch the video to see our top picks for resuable, sustainable, eco living options that will help you live lighter on our precious earth.