SPRUCE cloths are made from natural materials and are 100% biodegradable, while microfiber cloths are made from synthetic materials (see Wikipedia). We have found that a SPRUCE cloth absorbs liquids better than a microfiber cloth and as such is superior for kitchen use.
Durable enough for repeated machine wash, or top rack of your dishwasher, they are printed with water-based inks and are fully compostable. Each cloth will last you 9-12 months.
One SPRUCE cloth replaces 15 rolls of paper towels, saving you money and reducing landfill waste. They soften in contact with water, can absorb 15 x their weight and they dry fast so they don’t breed bacteria or smell like sponges.
Let’s reduce the tons of old dishcloths and paper towels from finishing up in landfill each year. Reducing waste makes them fabulous for boating and camping where it’s important to travel light, minimise space and be environmentally responsible.
We have over 15 emerging artists collaborating on this range of designs, and 6 of our cloths donate back to Eco Charity groups. Your purchase supports both these groups x
The Green Collective proudly have no additional packaging on their cloths and they are not individually wrapped reducing their impact on the planet even more.
If you wish to sterilise SPRUCE, ensure it is WET and place into the microwave for 2min. Take care handling it as it will be very hot.
SPRUCE are printed with water-based environmentally friendly ink.
Size: 17 x 20 cm
- Wet to soften your SPRUCE cloth before using.
- You can use the cloth with or without cleaning products. Harsh cleaning products will not remove the print colour. Hot, soapy water will remove traces and smells from most of the sauces, spills and kitchen accidents. Don’t forget the benefits of hanging the cloth in the sunshine.
- After a few months in the kitchen, you may choose to ‘downgrade’ the cloth to indoor cleaning. One tip is to chop off a small corner of that cloth to remind you that it is no longer for food preparation. As you take that cloth to the toilet or garage, another corner chopped off will ensure it doesn’t come back to the main house.
- Other uses: kitchen, they love stainless steel and granite, bathroom, streak-free windows, mirrors and glassware, polish silverware without abrasion, dusting, pet messes, car cleaning, under pot plants and more.
- Home Compost: An independent test showed a cloth completely breaking down in 5 weeks